http://new.schoolnotes.com

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Tool #10-Mobile Apps


I have an iPhone and have used apps to entertain my 31/2 year-old granddaughter, Hannah. She's become an expert on many of them. For this post, I reviewed some apps by downloading to my iPhone. I particularly liked Read Me Stories, ABC Phonics, Kids Math Ace, Math Drills Lite, among others. It's obvious that these will be invaluable resources for our students during center time and especially for Language of the Day activities as most of them are in English. Math activities will undoubtedly enhance math facts.

One potential drawback may be that some of these "free" apps include "Buy Full Version" (paid) buttons that students may try to purchase. I believe that if we are able to set up free school accounts, these downloads may be blocked. I am very excited for our students about these resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment